Public Stakeholder Involvement Plan
In order for the Illinois Department of Transportation to develop a safe transportation solution that meets the needs of the community, it will need the help of the public (you). To draw out the greatest value from public participation, the Bus I-55/South Sixth Street Expansion Study is incorporating a Stakeholder Involvement Plan (SIP). The SIP outlines a public involvement process, making sure the opinions and recommendations of stakeholders are considered in the decision making.
Goals and Objectives of SIP:
- Identify stakeholders and provide opportunities for timely and meaningful input through all phases of the project.
- Identify transportation problems to be solved by the project with the help of stakeholders
- Identify alternative solutions with help of the stakeholders
- Choose a preferred alternative solution with the help of the stakeholders
- Treat all involved parties with respect and dignity